Thursday, July 30, 2015

TBT–November 2005

 

Mae, Sandy

I stumbled across this photo of Mother and me, taken almost exactly a year before she died.  Gosh, I sure miss her.  I’ve been crawling around the family trees recently, and I have sooo many questions I would love to ask her about folks, places, and just a ton of family history questions that will go unanswered.

I sure wish I had paid more attention, written stuff down…but life was always pretty busy…and we always think we have plenty of time left with our loved ones…but there is never a guarantee.  And there is never a second chance, much as we would want one.

So, my Redding clan is having its annual reunion in hawt SOWEGA (that’s South West Georgia, for the uninformed) next month, and God willing, I’m going, armed with my computer, ready to record any new info people want to share.  Also, ready to look up and share any info that I may have, should anyone want to know stuff.

Yep, digging can be fun.  I have found several (previously unknown) cuzns online, and last Friday, MM and I met one of them for lunch.  John (popular name in my family) is a sixth cuzn, but who’s counting?  He is into genealogy, and into sharing, so I have gotten lots of info and photos from him over the years and was delighted we got a chance to finally meet:

Sandy, John Stevenson

I haven’t changed much in 10 years, right?  Ha!

Happy Thursday, y’all.  Keep smiling…and getting older!

4 comments:

Sandee said...

No, you've not changed much in 10 years. Still beautiful as ever.

I'm glad you're going to have a new outlet in getting some more information about your heritage.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the furbabies. ♥♥♥

Jean(ie) said...

How cool is that? Nope, still look the same to me. I'd be excited about the prospect of new info as well. Yay!

Barb said...

You have one of the most warm, happy, loving and contented faces I've ever seen. Ageless!

I know so well how you feel about your mother. I treasure every day with my parents - I am so grateful to be blessed to still have both of my parents. Every single day is a gift. Dad has been falling a lot... about 5 times since they've been up in MA with my sister. It ain't easy being 86, but at least he hasn't broken anything. Bless his heart. He is so darn STUBBORN. srsly. No. srsly!

Have yourself a mighty fine day! xoxo

Haley D. said...

The years fly by because it doesn't seem that Thanksgiving was 10 years ago!