Monday, March 16, 2015

Oh, the learning curve!





Maintenance Man discovered the Prius would not crank Saturday. What the heck! Nothing was left on. Hmmm...it was only the 12 volt battery, and he hooked up an auxiliary charger to juice it up while he checked out the newly received car manual.

Whoa...that smart key needs to be 20' away from the vehicle, he learned, otherwise it is constantly transmitting back and forth to the car, draining the inside battery. Yessiree, it sure did. Our key rack is by the front door, about 3' away from the car. We moved that key far away from the door.

MM is loving figuring out what all the car will do...and not do. Boys and toys!

We are having lunch today with a high school classmate of mine that I haven't seen since graduation a loong time ago. We have a lot of catching up to do! More later.

Life is good in paradise, but KC is sure needing to get home and get outside to work off some of his winter fluff, bless his heart!

Happy Monday, y'all!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Joy said...

That's funny, the key was too close to the car - who would have thought?
At least it isn't too hard to fix. Enjoy your lunch and have a great day. I'm looking forward to you coming home before too long!

Sandee said...

That's a funny story about that car. I know you both love it, but I still can't see you having one. I'm just saying.

When do you head back home. I travel with you every year, but never remember when you go back home.

Have a fabulous day. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

Jean(ie) said...

Interesting about the key. If I had a Prius in my garage, I'd be hard pressed to find a spot 20+ feet away. Poor KC, tell him to be patient. Spring is coming!

Barb said...

HMMM... my key is probably about 8 feet from the car in the garage most of the time as my office is just the other side of the garage door. So far, no problems.

We STILL don't know what all that computer can do and probably never will. We get in and drive, basically. ;)

big hugs xoxo