Saturday, February 28, 2015

Ice, baby, ice!

 

IMGP0625

It took far longer for the three shots of novacaine to numb my mouth than it did to get the wisdom tooth removed yesterday.  Open wide, insert a block to keep the mouth open, clamp the tooth, pull, repeat the clamping/pulling (it was broken into two pieces), insert gauze, and it was over.  Done.

I was given a list of instructions to take home with me, and off we went.  I pretty much stayed on the couch, applying an ice pack as directed, and kept hydrated.  I was given a prescription for pain if needed (I didn’t), and only took a couple of ibuprofens as suggested.  Easy peasy.  Ice was my best friend…along with MM.  Missy laid down on my stretched out legs, which warmed them up to counteract the chilling of the jaw.  KC, well, he did come around to help (annoy) a couple of times.  Normal!

My jaw is sore, of course, after all that opening and tugging.  I am allowed soft food today, which is a welcome change from the liquid diet of yesterday.  My bowl of yogurt tasted mighty fine!

So MM and I will have a laid back Saturday here in mostly cloudy paradise.  Tomorrow will be an even better day.  We shall begin March with a smile, and carry on!

4 comments:

Sandee said...

Glad that tooth is gone. You know, I bet that MM would treat you to John Gs just as soon as you're able. I bet he would.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big healing hugs to you and tons of scritches to your assistants. ♥♥♥

Joy said...

Glad you have progressed to yogurt today! Let the healing continue.

Barb said...

On your way to better days! and better foods! With the help of those furry assistants, of course.

big hugs xoxo

Haley D. said...

We're thankful the pesky tooth is gone and that you're on the mend.