Tuesday, January 13, 2015

States Trivia

 

P1030340

Without looking at a map, name 5 states that border South Dakota (N Dakota is off limits).

I’ll wait.

MM and I have gone to dinner and Trivia for the past two Tuesdays with Johnnie and Susan and a gang of others (different folks each week).  Anyone who knows my guy knows he HATES playing trivia, but playing as a group, he has (somewhat) enjoyed.  He even got the correct answer to a math problem last week.

As much as we travel, even the two of us couldn’t think of all the states that border S Dakota.  They are:  Minneapolis, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming and Montana.  None of us could think of Iowa, but we collectively got all the others…and our team won third place overall, down from second place the previous week.

I hope we have some good brains at the table tonight and maybe improve our standing for the Awesome Team.

Yesterday was overcast, so it was a perfect day to go see a movie, and we made a good choice.  After seeing Louie Zamperini on TV talking about his experiences in WWII (plane shot down, being adrift in the ocean for 47 days, captured and mistreated by the Japanese in POW camps), and subsequent conversion to Christianity, we both wanted to see the film Unbroken.  The movie details his life up until the end of the war, and it was very well done.  Zamperini was an Olympic long-distance track medalist in Germany (1936), and was honored as an Olympic torch bearer when the Olympics were held in Japan in 1998, just shy of his 81st birthday.  He was a mighty interesting man, and a true hero.

So now it is sunny and beautiful, just the way weather should be here in WPB…where life is good.

Wish us luck at trivia tonight!

4 comments:

Sandee said...

I'm not good at trivia. You'd be happy to see me on another team and not yours. I'm just saying. It's fun to watch though.

I'm glad you enjoyed the movie and especially glad the sun is shining brightly.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

Barb said...

Al is war history nut, particularly WWII. He read the book and can't wait to see the movie... when it comes out on Netflix. Bless his heart.

I play trivia on the ship. That's about it. I've won 2 solid gold plastic ships on a stick that way. But not in the geography edition. srsly.

big hugs xoxo

Brian said...

I think you meant Minnesota, not Minneapolis! But points for trying! :)

Joy said...

I don't do well at that kind of trivia (geography - or history) but there are some categories I'm pretty good at. That's the beauty of having a team. Glad you enjoyed the movie, too. I hear it is excellent.