Thursday, December 4, 2014

TBT–Grandfather

 

Virgil Redding, Pat Maddox, Sandy

This is my cousin Pat and me with our grandfather Virgil.

virgil redding,allene maddox,sandra redding

Pat’s mom (Daddy’s sister Allene)…and a group shot:Redding Family Group Picture 7.48

This photo was made July 1948, and most all these folks are now gone.  Cousins Pat, John, Phil, and Faye are the only ones left.  The blonde boy on the front R is my brother, Mickey, who died just a few years ago.  My father is back R, who was one of 10 children—two brothers and one sister shown here.  My mother was off birthing my sister, I suppose, since she is absent from the photo, and July was the right time frame for the photo and Donna Kay’s birth. 

Too bad there is no one around to tell the story, because I am sure there was a good story that could be told with this much kin  all gathered in one spot.  That new baby girl was born with some complications, so that probably brought everyone together.  We’ll never know for sure.

Although I only have one memory of this grandfather, I did and do know everyone else in these photos, and am happy to preserve a little bit of the past.

Making memories, one photo at a time.

4 comments:

Sandee said...

Oh those old black and white photographs. My sister has all our old photographs. You've worked hard to chronicle your family. Good for you.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the fur-babies. ♥♥♥

Jean(ie) said...

I'm so wishing I could talk to my grandparents. Didn't get the chance to get to know them growing up. Wish I did.

Joy said...

Priceless photograph! I wish I could ask my grandparents things now that I never thought to ask while they were alive. I'm the matriarch of my family now - a sobering thought.

Barb said...

LOVE these treasures from the past!! Priceless, indeed!

I am going through photos again to do some new group galleries for my walls. I just got my Amazon order of 3 sets of frame galleries. Decisions, decisions...

big hugs xoxo