Thursday, October 16, 2014

TBT - Tim

We sure wish you could be with us for your birthday today, but we can’t make that happen.  I remember this cute little fella from when I married his uncle back a few decades ago.  Our Tim was always a very interesting guy.Tim Bell

He grew a lot taller.  And lived and loved a whole bunch in his 40-something years…and was also loved a whole bunch. 

Tim, Bob, Dick (2)

Everyone misses you, buddy.  Gone, but not forgotten.  Ever.

I have been climbing the ancestral family trees on MM’s side lately, and have found several more grandparents we knew nothing about.  I now know more about MM’s relatives than he does, and am duly recording it in my family tree program. 

The Internet is a marvelous tool for ancestral digging, since it would be impossible to actually travel to all the places our relatives lived and look up local records.  Of course it is also like putting together a giant puzzle, since there are many spelling mistakes, typos, etc., out there.  It takes a lot of cross checking of facts…so the information does change occasionally when new facts are found.

I know our kids are glad I am doing the digging, but I sure hope future generations keep up the recordings! 

Family history is important, and unfortunately, there aren’t any older folks now left to answer our (many) questions.  Get the information while you can, my friends!

Life is precious, and family history needs saving.

Are you keeping records?

3 comments:

Joy said...

Hugs to you two and to Bob and Lynne especially, today. Remind me to tell you about what I've recently learned about my great-aunt Sarah. Unfortunately I don't really remember her but it seems she was an interesting lady! Wish I had some older relatives left to ask, things I didn't KNOW to ask when I was younger. :-)

Sandee said...

I know he lives in your hearts as he should.

We don't keep family records and I hate to say this, but I don't care. It's just not something I'm interested in and hubby isn't either. When you have a messed up family why dig any deeper.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

Jean(ie) said...

Glad you are finding all sorts of good stuff. Sending hugs from the West!