Friday, October 31, 2014

Good morning, Lisbon!




We managed to stay awake till 8:00, then we crashed and slept till 8 this morning! Yay!!!

After our shower upon arrival at the hotel yesterday, we did a little exploring of our new neighborhood in search of a market for some necessities...coffee (we have a mini kitchen), and yogurt (breakfast). My Man has gone in search of a pastry or two this morning while I am enjoying coffee in bed. Ahh, that is what I call a vacation!

There are eateries everywhere around this (and every) plaza, but we chose a simple flat rate place that offered a salad bar (good variety), soup (we didn't get to them), and grilled meats (chicken legs, pork, sausage)...all for $7,90€. And it was good.

After dinner, we sat up on the roof terrace and enjoyed the view...but not the temper tantrum of a little kid...so we called it a night.

Due to an airline strike, Bob and Lynne won't arrive here until late tonight. Bugger. They miss a whole day here, but we all adjust. That is the nature of travel--stay flexible.

Today we shall ride the HO HO bus and check out the city.

Life is good, y'all!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Joy said...

So that is why their flight was canceled! What a shame. Glad they can get there today, though. Enjoy, enjoy!

Sandee said...

You got some sleep and you really needed that more than anything. Good for you.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs. :)

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I would love to try some of the eateries there!! :)

Barb said...

Well, bugger to them losing a day of vacation. And YAY for 12 hours of sleep! I can not remember when I slept that long. 7-8 hours is my normal, no matter how tired I am.

Enjoy your day! big hugs xoxo