Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wednesday in paradise

 

P1230867

Not much going on around here, other than updating RV park records and making necessary changes.  Blah, blah, blah.  Just doing my job, but since I am my own boss, I can do it at 10 AM or 10 PM.  The choice is mine to make, with whatever fits my schedule on any particular day.

MM is out working on the broken whatever on the tree shear.  Remember I said the broken part would be expensive to replace?  Well, my guy thinks outside the box, found and has ordered a blade of some sort, and contacted a local guy who can cut it to the proper configuration.  This will save us a whole bunch of (travel) money.   Me likey…both my guy AND saving money!

Speaking of things breaking, my old laptop finally seized up and died, at a highly inappropriate time.  Isn’t that always the way it happens?!  It was Win98 anyway and had been “acting up” so I knew its demise was imminent, but it still had one very important program on it (only) that I needed and was using when it decided to quit on me.  And I had not yet backed up my changes.  Fortunately, it came to life ONE final time and I quickly got the file saved.  Whew!

I have a new laptop on the way, which means I will go through the painful process of installing all the programs, etc., on the new one.  All my data is backed up both in the cloud and on an external hard drive, so I am good there.  My four-year old office laptop will be demoted to the status of downstairs spare computer, and life will go on as usual.

Wish me luck.  Thanks in advance.

5 comments:

Sandee said...

I'm sure MM will have his equipment running in tip top shape in no time. And for far less money. Good for him.

Yep, we got new computers a couple of years ago. They just don't last very long for the most part and keeping them backed up is essential.

Have a fabulous day honey. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

Barb said...

Bravo for having good backups! My desktop is about ready to gasp it's final breath and that's just fine with me. My laptop is fine but the hard drive is too small for everything so my next compouter will be a new laptop with a huge hard drive. No moire desktops. I do love portability.

And of course, once again, MM to the rescue! He's one smart cookie.

big hugs xoxo

Haley D. said...

The computer gods smiled on you today!

Joy said...

So glad you got that file saved and moved before the computer died. Whew! Just in time.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

you can always call daniel if you have a computer problem. he can fix any of them. he has a shop there in town now too. he might want your old one if you don't.

hugs, bee
xooxxo