Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Sandblasted!

The guys went inside and rented an ATV for four.  For two hours!  Are you gals ready?! (Not for two hours!)

Dick, Jim

So off we went to the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, taking several spins up and down the dunes, before heading down to the beach…where the temps dropped several degrees.

Dick, Carol, me

Jim tried to tackle a small hill and got bogged down, with the tire throwing up a bucket of sand right in my face.  Lucky me…NOT…sand in my eyes, mouth, nose.  Yuck.  Carol only got a half bucket of that salty sand.  D fer done.  Carol and I both were ready to quit after an hour, so the guys took us back to the registration area, and then went back to the dunes for some guy fun.

MM admitted that he was happy he tried it once, but didn’t need to do it again.  Srsly?  Srsly.

So this morning we say goodbye to the foggy Oregon coast and head to the high desert of Redmond.  We have heat on this morning, but will probably be running the a/c tonight.  Variety.  We has it.  And clean duds.

Miles and smiles, y’all!  Come along for the next adventure.

4 comments:

Sandee said...

Since I was raised on the Oregon coast I've spent a lot of time in dune buggies. Fun and more fun, but I was very young then.

Have a safe trip to a warmer spot. Big hugs to you and tons of scritches to the babies. ♥♥♥

Haley D. said...

YOLO! Just think how the salty sand blast must have been good for the skin!

Jean(ie) said...

Think of it as a microdermabrasion treatment! LOL! I'll be y'all will find sand for days. hahaha!

Barb said...

Well, bless their sandy little selves. Mark that one D fer done and bring on R for Redmond.

big hugs xoxo